Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm It!

Crap! I was tagged by Del Pico De Gallo. Several weeks ago now. Not that I don't appreciate the link love (cuz I do, Elizabeth - thank you!!!), but I had a hard time finding time to string two coherent thoughts together and write something to pass the love on. Wiggy Baby's constant fussiness has pretty much zapped both my brain and my sense of humor lately (although he IS so precious I could just eat him up), but I'll give it a shot since Del Pico De Gallo is a dedicated Baby Bunching reader and I owe it to her, really.

To play tag, I've got to mention six things that haven't been revealed on this blog and then tag six other bloggers. So here goes...

  1. This is probably the first time I've ever been virtually tagged for something that I've actually bothered to tag someone else. Seriously, if you send me those lame Getting to Know You/Send a Recipe/Sign Your Name to the Petition/Forward to 10 Friends and Microsoft Will Donate $10/Mother Theresa Prayer Chain/etc./etc. I do not ever forward them. It's not because I don't love you (or want to pray for you, or donate to your cause, or support your political efforts), I just don't have time to read them, more less forward them. So, thanks, Del Pico De Gallo, for helping me lose my tagging virginity!
  2. I have a serious addiction to volunteering. If you are a non-profit, a school, or a city task force of some sort and you ask me to do something, I will almost always say yes. I will almost certainly say yes if it involves a leadership position that allows me to A) organize social events or B) boss people around.
  3. I have really bad life management skills. Partially due to item #2 in this post, partially due to the fact that I am always running late because I manage my time poorly, and partially due to genetics (my mom shares many of my same foibles listed below). When I send you a birthday card or present, it will always be late. I will always say I am going to call you, and then actually DO so 2 weeks later. My to-do list is never done and half the time it isn't even organized. I always have ten closets that need to be cleaned out and 15 bags of stuff that I have already cleaned out but just haven't gotten to Goodwill yet. If anything involves the US Post Office, it will take me two weeks longer than it would have otherwise. I have the best of intentions, just can't ever seem to get it all to come together at once...
  4. I check my email obsessively, but get so much that I can't even respond to it. I always think I am going to come back to it, but once it drops off "today's emails", it gets lost and I won't.
  5. I think roaches are absolutely sickening. When I spot one I will shriek hysterically like a girl and stand on a chair until my husband comes and kills it and takes it away. But I am okay with other bugs - spiders, ants, etc.
  6. I love having all boys. In fact, I prefer it. People always assume I want a girl, but there is only room for one princess in this house and it is me. I am definitely a Girly Girl, but I am secretly grateful not to have to deal with Little Girly Girl things like hair barrettes, tights, missing Barbie accessories, excessive crying over minor bodily injuries, and catty cliquey fights (which yes, start in preschool!).
Now I will tag six people that will either love me for linking them or hate me for adding to their to-do list. A couple of them also have new babies, so probably the latter. Monkey Business, Mom Without a Map, Mommy Needs a Time Out, Stimeyland, A Bushel and a Peck, and Profoundly Seth.

1 comment:

Stimey said...

I think I may have already revealed everything there is to know about me on my blog, but I'll give it a go. It may take me 6 months, but I'll do it!

I'm glad to have boys too. Being a mom to boys is a great thing!