Monday, August 17, 2009

Josh is a Fox that Wants to Talk

As if there aren't already enough opinions around here already, Josh is chiming in to register his at a young age. He started saying the usual "Mama", "Dada" and "Bye" about a month or so ago, making noises that could have accidentally coincided with the appropriate use of these words on an occasional basis.

But last week he had a vocabulary explosion. At first, I wasn't sure if my claims of his talking could be substantiated. In addition to NOT hearing things that ARE being said, my whacked out ears have been known to HEAR things that AREN'T being said. But I am pleased to announce that I have received independent confirmations from Aaron, my friend Julie, our beloved babysitter Ninny, and both Cade and Drew that Josh is really talking!

In addition to more pedestrian baby terms such as "Uh oh", here's a sampling of Joshie's musings last week:
  • Both please and thank you, unprompted (finally, I have succeeded in raising a kid with manners!)
  • Cracker
  • I like it
  • Want it
  • Chugga-chugga (as in choo, choo)
And my personal favorite:
  • Big Chicken (in honor of Marietta's famous landmark, which we now pass every day on the way to Cade's school)
Also, upon witnessing uncouth behavior on the part of Cade this weekend, Josh registered his displeasure by shaking his head "no" and leaning towards Cade growling, scowling, and shaking his little raised fist.

Yes, I think he'll do just fine here.

No comments: