Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Middle Child Syndrome Starts Here

Lest you think I am the worst mom on the planet, I'd like to preface this by saying that life is pretty crazy right now. Josh is (still) screaming 23 hours a day, although he's doing better since we had his reflux medication adjusted (again) last week. This past week was Halloween and then on Sunday, we had Josh baptized. It was a beautiful day and we were so fortunate to have many out of town family members and friends join us for the weekend. But all of that to say, I've had a hard time staying on top of things lately. As evidenced by the following story:

Last night, Aaron came down from giving the big boys a bath and accused Drew of smelling like a homeless person. Appalled, I pressed him for further details and he absolutely INSISTED that Drew smelled like BO and urine when he got him undressed to dump him in the tub. Aaron asked me when the last time was that Drew had a bath and we started reconstructing the events of the past week. Come to find out Drew did, in fact, smell like a homeless person because for one reason or another, he had not had a bath in OVER A WEEK. Yep, that's right. The other boys had been bathed multiple times throughout the week, but not Drew. Poor kid. Since he is pretty easygoing and sandwiched in the middle, I have a feeling this will be the first of many, "Has anyone fed/bathed/played with/even SEEN Drew?" stories.

1 comment:

Momma Bear said...

My son just recently stopped crying a lot, reflux. He is now almost 8 months. Life is getting better. It will get better. My babes are 3 (3/20/05) 2 (8/9/06) & 7m (4/9/08). I felt so down since the baby was about 2 months old. It's overwhelming and tiring but it will get better. Hang in there!