Monday, August 18, 2008

Making Progress!

So my "free time" has come to a screeching halt with the addition of the latest Fox. Not that I am complaining. I am content to sit on my dead butt loving on him all day long, which is pretty much what I have been doing for the past month. While my house falls to shambles around me.

On Friday night, some friends came over and brought dinner. As we were picking up the kitchen after eating, my friend asked me for some plastic containers to package the leftovers for my fridge. Producing said containers was easier said than done, as the container cabinet (which also holds my children's plastic plates and bowls) was a tangled mish-mash of mismatched lids, bottoms, and assorted odds and ends. I was seriously embarrassed by the state of this cupboard.

On Saturday morning I was resolute that if I did not do one other thing besides sit on my butt and love Baby J, it would be to tackle this cupboard. Around 11 I grabbed a few free minutes and took everything out, matched the lids to bottoms, and either recycled or tossed everything mismatched. In the spirit of one of my favorite mommy bloggers and her organizing website, The Junk Pyramid, I thought I would share my results:

BEFORE:



AFTER:

I can't figure out how to rotate the stupid picture so you will have to lay your head down sideways on your keyboard looking at the screen to get the full effect.


And that, my friends, is why the birth announcements haven't been mailed, the baby thank you notes haven't been written, and the laundry is piling up. But hey, at least I can put my leftovers away now.

1 comment:

Stimey said...

Tupperware cabinets totally trump thank you notes. Projects like that feel so good. And thank you for the kind words!