Monday, August 20, 2007

Daddy Day Care

I had to work today and the babysitter needed the day off, so I left my children under the "supervision" of their father. I use this term loosely, since his definition of supervising is to spend an hour on hold with the Dish Network people trying to get the satellite TV fixed while the children beat each other with trains, I mean, play together.

While aforementioned father is on hold with his back to children, Oldest Son appears in front of him and says, "Daddy! My toe is red!". No, he did not step in red paint. He is BLEEDING. Profusely. Not only is he injured, he is tracking red body fluids all over mommy's carpet. A double supervision violation for Daddy. How did he injure himself, you might ask? He dropped an alarm clock (a gift from his father to help the three year old boy learn about electricity and numbers) on his foot. Violation number three - shock hazards as toys.

In dad's defense, when I came home both children were alive. He scored bonus points for also keeping the neighbor's child (dropped off while his mom had a doctor's appointment) alive as well. Further bonus points for feeding the children lunch (unlike the time I went on a business trip and my babysitter mentioned that she had bathed the children after three days since it appeared they hadn't bathed since I left. Dad confirmed that in fact, they had not). Final bonus points for successfully scrubbing the blood out of the carpet.

All in all, he did ok. Guess this means he can stay with them again tomorrow!

No comments: